The past couple of days have been good cookbook wise, people are starting to show some love and that is great. Maybe this time I won’t give up on myself, gonna make a conscience effort to keep the momentum going. Motivation yeah!
Today was a day on the water nothing exciting, work as usual on a boat. I made a whole heap of chilli with some fresh rolls. Had some hot dogs with wedge fries and salads to keep it a little simple. Oh I also made Chicken Quesadillas which is what I wanted to share today. There are several different varieties that I will add to the cookbook like my greek style or pulled pork quesadilla but today I’ll just share my standard simple chicken quesadillas.
- Boneless Chicken Breasts (I go with a small breast per quesadilla roughly) 3/4 cup diced
- Flour Tortilla Shells (Check out my video on how to make them fresh Here)
- Grated Cheese (I like a lot personally but you can judge accordingly, that’s why I have pictures for this one)
- Chilli Powder ( About 1 1/2 tsp for 4 breasts worth of diced chicken)
- Garlic Powder or fresh minced (about 1/2 tsp for the same amount or 2 cloves minced)
- Cumin (Just a dash will do if you have it)
- 1/4 cup salsa (assuming 4 breasts, this would have been easier if I had just said for 4 at the beginning, too late to turn back now)
- Salt and Pepper to taste.
1. Cook off your chicken breasts in an oven set to 350 degrees for about 25-30 minutes. I seasoned my breasts with a little chilli powder, garlic, salt and pepper.
2. Once the chicken is cooked, let it cool a little then dice it up into cubes like this.
3. Pour on your salsa.
and add those spices, this looks like a lot because I was making about 30 quesadillas.
4. Mix all that together, it will look a little like this.
5. Lay the tortilla out on a cutting board or any clean surface and sprinkle half with cheese like so.
6. Then add the 3/4 cup of diced chicken on top of the cheese.
7. Of course you gotta sprinkle more cheese on top, it helps the quesadilla stick together and come on, it’s cheese!
8. Fold the tortilla in half like so.
8. Lay your Quesadilla in a pan set to medium heat and fry on both sides until browned on one side.
like this! thats where you flip.
9. Once the cheese has all melted and it get’s this lovely colour above you are ready to chop and serve up with you’re favourite dip like sour cream or guacamole or both.
Enjoy and don’t forget to subscribe to my channel for lots of great recipes published weekly. www.youtube.com/adamdurford
and you also gotta show my Facebook page some love and give it a like. www.facebook.com/bringhometheflavour